Eggshells are loaded with calcium! So why not use them for the garden and it’s pretty simple.
Let’s start by eating the inside of the eggs, right?!?! Next save your egg shells and bake them, then crush those fragile things! When you go to plant your garden give each pepper and tomato plant some extra calcium loving.
- Save shells in a container (not to long, or mold will occur)
- Place eggshells on a baking tray
- Bake in oven 225 degrees for approx 20 minutes. You’ll see them turn a smidge brown in the inside where the membrane is.
- Let cool and smash with a meat tenderizer or whatever utensil you have available.
- You could also use a food processor as well to get it into a powder.
- When you go to plant give approx a table spoon in the bottom of the hole prior to planting your tomato’s and peppers.
And personally I will add a tablespoon of Epsom salt to the bottom of the hole prior to planting as well. Load these babies up with plenty of nutrients that will be absorbed slowly.